Destructible Mesh on Runtime Generated Meshes?

Hey,

so the title may be a bit misleading, but I don’t know how else to word this. I’m trying to make a game in which the following happens:

players are able to build tree-branch-like structures that can extend horizontally, or upwards vertically. These structures should be destructible, and whenever a structure’s connection to the ground is broken, the part that is no longer connected should be subject to physical forces such as gravity, collisions, etc.

Once disconnected, a part should be able to be reconnected (and all physical attributes disabled) once it is either connected directly to the ground, or if it is connected to another branch, which is connected to the ground. (both have to be initiated by a player)

I was looking into the procedural mesh component for this, but I’m not sure if it has the capabilities to fulfill all of the requirements. Also, players and AI should be able to walk & climb on these structures, even if they are in physical (falling) mode, as well as latch on to them.

I was also considering to make each building block its own blueprint actor, but I could see this becoming very costly since they’d need to communicate with each other to determine whether or not they are connected to the ground.

What would be the best approach for this?