Destructible mesh not updating

I know this bug has been partially reported already as UE-31909, but what I found seems to be a slightly different bug altogether. So, I take an existing actor with a lot of placements in the world and add a destructible mesh component. It doesn’t show in the viewport. There is a known workaround of closing and reopening the blueprint, and it shows in the blueprint editor. However, there seems to be another bug that came up as a consequence of this.

Even though placing new instances of this actor show the updated destructible mesh, the old ones do not update and the destructible mesh is still not visible. Trying to reopen them up in the blueprint editor does not refresh it. Is there any workaround to this besides having to delete all the actors and readd them?

UPDATE: Turns out if you toggle “Simulate Physics” on and off, you can refresh it.

Hello,

We’ve recently made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/

Thanks

Thank you for the link. I submitted the bug report there.