Hello great community.
Since past couple of weeks i’ve spend most of the time trying to make this all Revit-to-3ds MAX-to-Unreal4 thing works, but I’ve never succeed, and I am seeking your kind help and advice.
My so far workflow is :
- Model it
- Export it to 3DS MAX ( tried both FBX and DAE )
b) In 3DS MAX
- Creating material derive from “Autodesk Generic” material, and put it some color on it, just to preserve a slot it for in-Unreal material apply.
- Apply multiple of them to a different Polygon / Element in Editable Mesh
- Apply “Steam Roller” plugin to all of the objects in the scene
- Apply “Export Objects to FBX for U4” plugin as described in here : Revit 2017 To Unreal Engine 4 Tutorial With ScreenShots - Architectural and Design Visualization - Unreal Engine Forums
c) In U4
- I click “Import” to the result FBX objects as described in here : Revit 2017 To Unreal Engine 4 Tutorial With ScreenShots - Architectural and Design Visualization - Unreal Engine Forums
At the end I am ending up with a scene which have just a few out of my materials I’ve made in 3DS MAX, and most of the placeholders ocupied by the materials in MAX is merged.
The result is always messy dissregard what I’ve tried as configuration on the exporter.
I am attaching my real 3DS MAX project - just ready to be exported : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9coauYIvnZ-ZFZjUHpMMXpaT00/view?usp=sharing
Please if You could - take a look and give a push up to a noob