"Desired max draw distance" not working on mobile

When setting a max draw distance value of a static mesh, the mesh disapear at the correct distance in viewport but it doesn’t have any effect on mobile device and editor mobile preview, all meshes are drawn at any distance.

Is this wanted, a bug or something I have to check/uncheck to make it work on mobile?

I can’t use a culling distance volume because I need to tweak this setting per mesh (because of differents sizes) and adding a volume to every single mesh would be too much work

Hello Haoris,

I am not able to reproduce your issue on our end. I have a couple of questions that will help me narrow down your issue.

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a new project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps so I can reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Could you provide screenshots of your Static Mesh and their draw distance settings?

Thanks!

Ok, in fact it works but it look like the distance is not the same on mobile preview/device and in “new editor window” and “selected viewport”

To reproduce it, I made a new project based on FirstPerson template, set the “desired max draw distance” of the “Wall1” mesh in the “FirstPersonExempleMap” to 3000, then launch the game in “new editor window”.
The wall is hidden and is draw only when you get closer.

Now launch the game in mobile preview and the wall is not hidden, you have to move backward to hide it.

following those steps on my end did not produce the same results as you. In my testing, the draw distance occurred at the same point. I have tested on 4.15.1, which may fix your issue if you are testing in 4.15.0

Can you provide screenshots of your issue?

I’m using 4.15.1 too

New editor window :

Mobile Preview:

Of course I didn’t move the pawn, I only clicked play in new editor window, then stop, then play in mobile preview.

Would you mind posting your DxDiag for me?

No problem:
link text

have you updated any of your drivers recently?

Not rencently. You don’t have the same results?

I do not, at this point, I would like to see one of your test projects to see if I can reproduce the same results. You can message me privately on the forums here:

I tryied to update my graphic driver, no change.
Which other drivers should I try to update?
My “test project” is the “First Person template”, I only changed the “desired max draw distance” setting of a wall of the example map, no other change.

Is this issue occurring for you in just engine version 4.15, or does it also occur in engine version 4.14?

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will follow up.