This only works with UE4 4.6 Currently
I’ve been working on a way to make it easier for designers to create quests that they can Quickly customize. I’m still in the early stages of creating the system and quests. But… I have recently finished the beginning building blocks the system will use, so I have decided to share it. This I hope will allow me to get some feedback to help decide what to do next with it, and gauge the interest in this system.
Here is a quick intro video going over what the current version can do.
Current Version: V.0.3
This section will be updated frequently
What is included with V.0.1
1.BP_QuestGiver_Template - is setup so it can be duplicated and re-named, then change the skeletal meshed used, and then update a few sections in the Blueprint to work with Quests.
2.BP_CollectItem_Template - is setup so it can be duplicated and re-named, then change static mesh and should work with little to no changes in Blueprint
3.Int_Quest_Template - is used to call events from QuestGiver -> Objective (BP_CollectItem_template) this is setup to be duplicated and re-named, then update inside BP_QuestGiver_Template and added into the Interface messages.
I have heavily commented this current build to help with understanding of how it works. You can download the blueprints here:
You can view the following video to view how to edit and add in another Quest Giver, and different items to collect.
I have finished what I’ve planned on finishing for V.0.2. you can download it here:
What is included with V.0.2
- Everything from the previous build, and removed extra folders and re-arranged folders.
- From V.0.1 I have added a 2nd quest that will start after you finish Quest 1. This quest will spawn in collect items at target points once started.
- Added a second Quest Giver (QG_Dialogue), that will ask the player to choose between quests to activate and display a dialogue using UMG
- Updated the blueprint comments, so anything commented in red is what will need to be replaced/updated when duplicated.
- QG_Dialogue’s Text’s strings are editable from the details window, so the designer doesn’t need to go into BP to change it.
What is included with V.0.3
- Everything from the previous build
- Early setup for how the next few quest givers will be, that has simplified everything!
- QG_NC Allows you to set how many spawn points will be used, in the Details pan! Same for the** Collect Item!**
- QG_NC isn’t finished but I wanted to post the progress since It’s a lot simpler.
Thanks for your time, and please let me know what you think!
- Hawk -