Deserted - UE5 Short Film

It’s my first post here so Hi everyone! :wink:

My name is Jan Trubač and I’m excited to show you my new project - UE5 short film - Deserted!

I’m a big fan of procedural solutions. So, I wanted to push myself and try to do as much as possible procedurally. All the environments in the film, including deserts, cities, ships, buildings, and materials, are created procedurally using Houdini and Substance Designer.

The combination of procedural techniques with real-time graphics (UE5) proved to be an absolutely ideal solution. Not only was it possible to quickly edit the individual generators in any way and at any time (an important point, especially in VFX), but thanks to the Unreal Engine, any change was reflected in the scene instantly. This makes the whole creation process much faster, more efficient, and also more creative. Lumen and Nanite is just amazing! :smiley:

Hope you enjoy!

:film_strip: Film: https://vimeo.com/628967524
:paintbrush: Artstation Project: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/L3n905

19 Likes

Hey, this looks really awesome!

1 Like

Whoaaaa!

Mind blowing short, seriously :smiley: Everything is top, the models, particle, animation, music, SFX, VFX, etc etc etc!! I’m impress (which isn’t easy to to), and you must be extremely proud :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

Thanks I really appreciate it! It was a lot of work and I’m glad it turned out well. :slight_smile:

Top quality! I can’t even begin to fathom this level of creativity, amazing!

You obviously have a VERY bright future ahead of you!

1 Like

Thanks a lot man!

WOW! It looks so amazing, the production value its so high. Congratulations! :clap:

1 Like

Beautiful !!! :star_struck:

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Took me almost a year to make it. It was a bumpy ride at times, but I learned so much! Glad you like it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would love to watch a movie on this! This looks superbly amazing!

1 Like

Thank you! Glad you like it. :slight_smile:

Hey everybody! :grinning:

First of all, thank you so much for your feedback on the film! I really appreciate it! :pray:

And now, I just released the trailer for the film. I know it’s kind of in reverse order, but better late than never, right? :sweat_smile:

Hope you enjoy!

2 Likes

Hey Jantru3D,

So glad you posted a trailer or I might have never seen this. Spectacular work friend!

The world you’ve created is stunning and immersive and beautifully dystopian. Thank you so very much for sharing your art with the unreal community. Always an honor to see such phenomenal work! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aww, thank you so much for your kind words @PresumptivePanda ! :relaxed: I really do appreciate it!

1 Like