Desert hut

very nice work! keep it up. :wink:

! Great Job. :smiley:

What modeling software do you use? (3dsmax, blender, maya)…

@, , MrHonsel - Thanks =D

@DarkInfiktrator - The pics on polycount are the same as these ^^.
@kassane - Usually /maya, but this was done trying out modo.

Great job! I love the texturing. What’s the resolution of diffuse textures? 2k? What about the house model? Is it single mesh or more modular approach?
The only thing I would change here is DOF intensity. It’s so shallow and it creates tiny house illusion :slight_smile:

Cheers

Really great! The house is really nice, I especialy like the dirts and little details.

And I have the same questions has above :slight_smile:

!!! I love the lighting and composition :smiley:

@AlejoS, Navezof, AlejoS - Thank you =)

@ -

Pretty much all textures are 1k or less. The reason they look sharp and “highres” is because most are tiled. I posted a pic on polycount which I should’ve added here explaining how the wooden logs are made (see image).
Since both the edgechipping and the main texture tiles (chipping only in height), you can pretty much scale the log however you like and just adjust the uv tilling to counter distortion (either in UE4s shader ex. material instance, or just making a rescaled model in your 3d app and export/import as a new model). Add some dust/dirt with vertex blending and you got something you can both change and use over and over while retaining a high resolution. Which I did, the thick wooden logs in front are scaled and reused ALOT in the scene. Everything is heavily reused. The door is a single plank rotated and flipped, Porch floor is just two planks.

As you said, if it was a single “unique” texture you would probably need a 2k texture to get it this sharp, tho I cant say if its worth it in terms of performance . It was a method I found looking through the witcher2 editor (redkit), so I decided to try it out.

Yes, the dof might be abit much xD

-cheers

It would be great to check it out in editor :slight_smile:

is it possible you could do a simple tutorial teaching how this scene is created? That would be amazing resource. Thank you.

Fantastic work, hyper realistic in my opinion. Nice! :slight_smile:

Very impressive sir!

Thats amazing! Good job! :slight_smile:

This is incredibly well done. I would love to see more scenes like this.

This is amazing work. Realy realy good.
Model looks simple and as you mentioned it is mostly done from repeating parts what is great because of the short modeling time and yet the whole scene creates a wonderful final effect.

work, That Wither2 Method seems genuis, but also a bit fiddly, Im curious to see some of the maps involved, The alpha blending must be quite hard to get right
Do you have any plans to release the content or publish such things?

Very well done, congrats!