Description boxes

is there a way to change the text in a widget depending on what you hover over i.e having strength say something different than dexterity, or would I have to create separate child blueprints for each one? Thanks in advance.

Yes. What are you hovering (mouse cursor?) over? Include details if you need help with this. But the answer is almost 100% yes.

Just a text box that when you hover over it, it’ll create the widget

So like a tooltip widget? There’s functionality for this already:

• you can just punch in the Tool Tip Text you want to see
  • Bind a function to Tool Tip Text that will do extra things, like formatting and such
  • or bind a whole new Tool Tip Widget if you need it fancy

Just a text box that when you hover over it, it’ll create the widget

If it’s not a about tooltips and you want a functional widget pop up, then I’d wrap the text in a User Widget and override onMouseEnter / Leave.

is there a way to change the text in a widget depending on what you hover over i.e having strength say something different than dexterity, or would I have to create separate child blueprints for each one? Thanks in advance.

Or perhaps player statistics could be represented by a User Widget rather than just a text block. This way you have one configurable widget with all the functionality needed and then instantiate it. Each instance behaves the same but has different data.

This is a very common method. If in doubt, do tell what you’re attempting. The more detail you include, the more we can help.

I’m trying to make a different tooltip as the current one doesn’t really fit with the screen so i thought to make a widget appear instead so i could customize it to suit it better but wasn’t sure if i should make each widget separately or not, just wanted to check before i put in the extra work or if there was a simpler solution i was overlooking.