depth of field not work cinematic camera 4.12

depth of field not work cinematic camera 4.12 how to use it or morph target not work in sequncer

hello any solution???

I have same trouble.(UE4.12)
please let me know if you have any update.

We have the same issue on UE4.13. How can we get depth of field effects on cinematic camera/sequencer?

Hi all,

The cinematic camera is designed to simulate a real camera and therefore has focus settings for blur like current focus distance. To use DOF in the postprocess you need to set the focus method to “none” (see screenshot) or the camera will ignore your DOF settings.

112757-focusmethod.jpg

I hope that helps!

Ed

thank you

, Ed - is this documented anywhere? This is hard to find out and there are more people asking about this in other threads.

I put in an internal ticket requesting that the current documentation be updated. This may not get prioritized since our Doc team is super busy, so for the time being it may be a good idea to redirect people to this post.

Im getting this black dots and stripes when focus method is tracking or manual, only dissapears when I choose focus method to none, but I need the DOF in the take.

btw, Im working on a iMac 3,4 GHz Intel Core i7 - 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 - graphics AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB

You need to make a new AnswerHub post for this issue. I know it seems related but it is a different issue and deserves its own post. Please leave a link here to the new post and I will continue the investigation.

There isn’t a “none” option - I see “do not override”, “manual”, “tracking” and “disable”. Would “do not override” be similar to “none”, or “disable”? I have my camera set to the most extreme settings I can and yet I still can’t see any visible change in my scene.

unreal 4.26 here
i can set the DOF in sequencer when i choose FocusMethod to ‘Manual’, set ‘Minimum FStop’ to 0.05 for testing
335597-
][1]