Deploying Unreal to Jetson Orin AGX and Getting Vulkan Error

We’re attempting to deploy the base Unreal tutorial ThirdPersonMap to a Jetson Orin AGX to integrate our robotics pipelines. The nVidia Jetsons are the popular embedded devices of the nVidia product line, and in many ways, are simply a GPU with a flavor of Ubuntu strapped in.

The main error we get when running the package is:

--Vulkan device creation failed--
Cannot create a Vulkan Device. Try Updating your video driver to a more recent version.

It is an AArch64 platform, with [Vulkan installed in the base Jetpack].(https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/vulkan).

Running cat /proc/driver/nvidia/version gives me:

NVRM version: NVIDIA UNIX Open Kernel Module for aarch64  35.4.1  Release Build  (buildbrain@mobile-u64-6422-d7000)  Tue Aug  1 12:45:41 PDT 2023
GCC version:  gcc version 9.3.0 (Buildroot 2020.08) 

Here are its device properties when running vulkaninfo:

GPU0:
VkPhysicalDeviceProperties:
---------------------------
	apiVersion     = 4206804 (1.3.212)
	driverVersion  = 146866240 (0x8c10040)
	vendorID       = 0x10de
	deviceID       = 0x97ba03d7
	deviceType     = PHYSICAL_DEVICE_TYPE_INTEGRATED_GPU
	deviceName     = NVIDIA Tegra Orin (nvgpu)

I tried multiple package exports for the various target settings (SM5, SM6, ES3), and modified the default Engine config as noted here. This other Jetson topic is for Linux desktop users.

Theoretically this should work. My guess is there is some kind of setting or the like that references where to look for Vulcan libraries, and maybe that’s moved? Or something completely else? Any help is appreciated!

I updated to the latest nVidia Jetpack 6.0 preview, with CUDA 12.2 and driver 5.35, and it still doesn’t work.

Ideas?

We also encountered the same problem of running UE programs on Jetson AGX Orin. We posted an issue on NVIDIA. You can refer to the link below.
But we only have this error on the 64GB orin, and 32GB can work successfully.
We want to know if your device is 64 or 32?
We are looking for a way to run successfully on 64GB.

https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/jetson-orin-devkit-64gb-cannot-run-the-cross-compiled-program-of-ue5-1-1/273762

1 Like

I use the 64GB.

I asked on the Discord channel a well, and nothing from there either. I also think there has to be some kind of missing file on the 64GB.

I will check my dev kit shortly. Like nVidia, I use the Host PC Linux box to install Jetpack. The challenge with Jetpack 5.1.2is that the nVidia driver is 490 series, and not 515 and above, so there might be a challenge there as well. Here is my nVidia forum link.

Any updates on this?