Demo Player with VR Spectate Plugin

I’m excited to show my latest code plugin that i’ve been working on for awhile. =)

A complete Replay System with tools that take Amazing Screenshots of your game. Empower users to watch and create content of your game with this easy to use plugin. Easily config to auto record games, manage your demo streams with our viewer widget, and then playback the demo using our preset HUD. Oh did we mention, we provide support for playing the demos in Virtual Reality. Tested and setup with both Vive & Oculus options!

A C++ and Blueprint friendly plugin, that extends the default UE4 demo system. Save time and extend your game seamlessly with our easy 3 Step integration. It’s also great for debugging gameplay as you can replay every recorded game easily.

Here is what you get!

• UMG Demo Hud Widget, materials and textures
  • UMG Demo Replay Viewer Widget, materials and textures
  • UMG Demo VR Hud Widget, materials and textures
  • Integrated VR pawns for Gamepad + Headset setup, with 3 locomotion options
  • Integrated VR pawn for Motion Controller + Headset setup
  • Extendable GameInstance, GameState, & Player Controller that will drop into any game
  • Content Creation with Screenshot tool

Hud Widget Features:
Play, Pause, Skip Forward, Skip Backward, Take Screenshot, ScreenShot Multiplier to take Ultra Resolution renders, Increase Play Rate for Fast Forward, Decrease Play Rate for Slow Motion, Goto Time, Timeline Bar that can be Scrubbed or clicked

VR 3D Widget Features:
Play, Pause, Skip Forward, Skip Backward, Take Screenshot, Increase Play Rate for Fast Forward, Decrease Play Rate for Slow Motion, Timeline Bar that can be Scrubbed or clicked

Replay Browser Features:
Click to Play, Display Live or Time since Live, Display Duration, Display Map Name, Display Length, Scroll Replays, Filter Replays, Delete Replays

2D Movement Features:
Supports Mouse & Keyboard, Supports Gamepad

VR Movement Features:
Fly Mode for Gamepad + Headset setup, Integrated Tom Looman’s Teleport Mode for Gamepad + Headset setup, Hybrid Mode for Gamepad + Headset setup, Integrated Tom Looman’s Motion Controller Mode for a Motion Controller + Headset setup.

This looks particularly solid.

I’m going to assume it probably isn’t suitable for something like an action replay type system (for example Call of Duty’s killcams)?

Thanks ambershee.

That is an interesting question. You are probably right it wouldn’t be a good fit. There are three basic engine streamers: stream from file, server, & memory. It is possible to use the memory stream to replay events quickly like that but it loads like a level does, so it wouldn’t be an exact fit. You’d have to branch a custom version off for selectively loading assets almost like a sequencer asset, plus who know what else until you started doing it.

I’ve spent my time on the file stream and I’ll be getting onto the server & memory streamer next. If I see a direct way of doing it, i’ll let you know. =)

The Demo Replay Plugin is now used in Abatron. You get the benefit from all the updates we do for our game plus all our future new features. You can check out the Abatron Demo for free here to test drive the system.

Steam Demo

Oh hey ambershee, it looks like an intended use for the memory streamer is for instant replays & death cams. I may add something for that in the future. =)

Added a new optional DemoPlayerState class so that playerstate array can be checked if they are demo player states or not for functions accessing and using the PlayerArray in the GameState class.

Oculus touch controllers just came in, so I will add support for these as well =)

Looks Amazing Devero, Awesome job!

This should be releasing on the marketplace in the next week!

Demo Plugin Now Available on the Marketplace!