Delta second giving the wrong value

I’ve got code that runs every frame, and as the framerate slows down, it affects my code, which is understandable. What is a problem is that delta second is returning as if I’m getting a constant 60 fps (presumably because I have that set in my project settings)

While ideally the issue will be fixed when I figure out whatever is causing my fps drop, I still would like to be able to return the proper delta second time on event tick. Does anyone know how to fix this, or is it just an unfortunate quirk of the engine?

Edit:

Here is some code that counts how many seconds have gone by. This code is actually flawed in that the logic falls apart theoretically if the framerate drops below 60, however it still works in that it constantly is counting upwards based on the fact that every 60 frames it thinks a second has passed. However it takes longer than a second for 60 frames to pass as the time goes on, and yet the timer doesn’t ever stop, because delta second, and thus delta seconds inverse, always stay constant, regardless of the fact that it is taking longer for a tick to occur. I think the engine is just designed to always give the fixed tick value for delta second when you have fixed framerate, even if it is a higher value

Can you show how you’re testing this? Delta is the frame time, so as you frame rate goes down, delta goes up.

I’m literally just watching the value in the editor, alongside the PIE framerate count.
I also had it display the framerate by dividing 1 by delta second in game, and it was a constant 60.0004 or so, though the PIE fps counter was actively dropping. My framerate stays significantly more steady though even if it briefly dips in framerate it still shows it as if it’s constant

Edit: Added a picture of a 60 fps framecounter. This only should give you an accurate output if you’re running constant 60 fps (or very close to it), but also seems to as long as you have 60 fps set as your fixed fps