Deleting UMG widget animations and re-adding

Deleting a UMG widget animation and then attempting to re-add an animation with the same name doesn’t work until you restart the editor.
My current workaround:
Rename the animation before deleting it, to something not likely to be used.
Tested 4.7.2 - Windows

Also, when deleting widgets, references to them in any UMG animations are kept even after restart.
My current workaround:
Selecting the references manually (in the timeline pane) and clicking delete (the key, there is no right click menu) will remove them.
Tested 4.7.1 - Windows

Hello CrumblyCake,

I was able to reproduce these issue on our end. The issue with renaming the animation has been resolved internally and will be available in a later release of the engine. As for the timetine keys not updating when a widget is deleted. I have written a report (UE-11373) and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. I will provide updates with any pertinent information as it becomes available. Thank you for your time and information.

Make it a great day.

Thanks for the update :slight_smile:

Does the fix remove these keyframes or show up as a compile error?

I’m facing an issue where the Blueprint will compile successfully, but will log a warning when the animation is played.

Cheers

Hello RHoath,

I have provided a link to the public tracker. You will see that this working as intended. The keys are left so that you can reassign them to a new widget, or copy and paste the keyframe data. I hope that this information helps.

Link: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-11373)

Make it a great day