Deleting souce engine

is there a safe way to uninstall the source engine without losing my game on the original install of the engine before I went to source ?. I have 4.8 with the game file that I originally had and I wish to uninstall the source engine so that it can be reinstalled and built as its not working properly.

Hi XxKIIIZxX,

If your game project folder is in a different location on your hard drive from your Engine folder (for most people this is the case), and you have the space available on your hard drive, you can build a new version of the Engine from source code next to the existing version, make sure it works, then associate your game project with the new version of the Engine. Once everything is working the way you want, you can then delete the old Engine. If you don’t have the space to be able to do that, you can delete the old Engine first, then build a new Engine in its place.

If your game project folder is inside your Engine folder, copy the game project folder (and the *.uprojectdirs file from the Engine folder) into another location (or into your new Engine folder if you built the new one first), then delete the old Engine.