Deleting project has deleted entire desktop...

Deleted a test unreal project on my desktop by right clicking, and deleting through the launcher. Everything on the desktop whether it was related to unreal or not was deleted with no sign of them in the recycle bin. It seems the only survivors were icons that required admin rights to delete. Not lost anything too crucial luckily, but it’s certainly annoying! Hopefully a recovery tool will pick up the pieces.

Looks like there are a couple of other cases of this in the past (All my desktop files and folders were deleted - Programming & Scripting - Unreal Engine Forums), but thought it needs some fresh attention as it’s scary the launcher has this much power as it could easily prove catastrophic for others!

Additional info: I have 4.21.2, 4.20.3 and 4.18.3 installed. The project I was deleting was 4.18.3. It looked like there was duplicate versions of the project in the launcher - One path was to the desktop as expected, and the other looked like it was in appdata, although only got a quick look before it was deleted.

Remember to backup!!

Hello,

We’ve recently made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/

Thanks