Deleted world partition landscape does not stay deleted when reopening Project

Hi I’m new to Unreal. I created a new blank project (Games > Blank Project) but I cannot delete the landscape.

I have read that the world partition landscape in the (Games > Blank Project) cannot currently be deleted in UE5 unless you select all the pieces from the outliner and delete them.

So I expanded the landscape folder and deleted all of the pieces and then saved the project but when I closed the Project and Reopened the project the landscape pieces (all the mountains) were still there like in the image below. I am not sure why they didn’t stay deleted when I saved after deleting them.

Has anyone else had this problem and how did they solve it? Thanks.

1 Like

You probably have the default project set as starting map, it’s happened to me too.

Create a new level, save it, then go to Project settings and in the Map section set your new map as the default one

1 Like

Thanks. Please tell me if these steps are correct. I’m new at this.

1. File > New Level.

2. Choose a Level.

3. Select > Save Current Level As: I named it: BrandNewMap

4. Project Settings > Maps > Chose “BrandNewMap” as my default and startup map.

Question: So I went into my Content Drawer and selected the newly created map named “BrandNewMap”. This map has the landscape in it I couldn’t delete before. Not sure how this is any different. Can I delete the landscape now . Sorry I don’t understand.

1 Like

Try deleting the things you don’t need, save all, restart and see if the changes remain on startup.

The difference is that if you edit the default map instead of one inside the project it could result in two things: you edit the default map and cause issues in other projects (what happened to me), or you can’t save the changes (what could be happening to you)

1 Like

Ok, thanks So I will try that. I’ll delete the mountain pieces and then delete the folder after.