Delay when applying steering (Chaos Vehicle) 5.0.3

Hi, I’ve just started with the new Chaos Vehicles but I’ve noticed a very annoying delay when I apply the steering to the vehicle.
Basically, with Physix Vehicle, once the steering input was applied, the wheels spun almost immediately, whereas now, it doesn’t seem like that anymore.
If I have a steering input at -1 and switch to 1, the wheels of the vehicle first return to center, then sit about 0.5 seconds and then steer to the right. This makes it almost impossible to make sudden changes of direction.

Anyone know how to fix?

1 Like

Fixed: Open your chaos vehicle->VehicleMovmentComponent and go to “Steering input Rate” section.

From there we have several values:
-Rise rate: the higher the value, the faster the wheels will reach the final steering.
-Fall rate: by default it is higher and it is the time it takes for your wheels to return to the initial position (example: from -1 to 0)
-Input Curve Function: it is the function that will use the values ​​described above.
It is basically “Squared Function”, and allows the wheels to turn first slowly and then faster.
If you want to turn them immediately, set it to “Linear Function”.
You can also create a custom curve if you like.

1 Like