Delay in event-begin-play

If I add a 0.01 second delay-node in my blueprint in the red-circled-area (see below) then the blocks no longer spawn

Blueprint:

Without a delay-node:

With a delay-node:

So I added a print-string-node and it seems that as soon as I put a delay (even if it’s small) the event-begin-play ignores EVERYTHING after the delay and just starts the level.
Is this intended? If so, why event allow me to add a delay-node to the event-begin-play if it will bug/ignore everything behind it.

Is it a retriggerable delay?

No it’s a regular delay. In the last screenshot in the upper-left corner you can see the delay-node used.

I know it’s a very old topic but I hate when i cross with something like this and no one resolved it already

So to answer that: it’s the way Delays works.

When you call a delay, no matter how many times you call the same, it will only execute the following code once, and when it finishes. Retriggerable delays reset this “timer” when receiving another call, but that’s it.
So with the “For loop”, you are calling the delay many times in less than 0.01 seconds, so it would react the same as it were 2 or 5 seconds: it would execute only once, when timer has finished.