Delay in call in editor custom events

Hi!

I have an actor blueprint, which have a custom event.
And i had set that custom event as “call in editor” so that i can call it when i’m not in play mode.
In that custom event, i have delay of 1 sec, after that delay it should print a string. But it does not print anything (In Editor mode).
However, when i call this custom event in “Event begin play”, it works with no problems (In play mode).
And also if i remove that delay before the print string, it works.
Does anyone know what goes wrong with my BP?

Thanks!

1 Like

The event timers only work when you are in play mode. I would separate the custom event into the element you want to run (without the delay) and make that a function which you can call in editor and then have the event with the delay call that when in play mode.

1 Like

Okay!
I am making a procedural generator that works on editor mode, and runs when i launch a generation function from editor.
So i think that delay will help to keep generation in control, because when i now run generator it stops my whole operating system for a while.
I want to make a loading bar that show progress of generation, alike that appears in editor when resimulating Procedural foliage volume. That will help very much.

So the first thing I would look at with procedural generation is parallel processing - design your procedural generation so it can initiate lots of generation (separate events) at the same time - it will still eat your system - but for less overall time.

That might help a little bit.
I’ll try.
Thanks for tip.