DefaultGameUserSettings.ini not functional anymore?

The behavior is quite confusing - can somebody explain under what circumstances settings actually appear in the end-user INI files?

For example, if I set scalability settings in my project’s DefaultGameUserSettings.ini then they are applied for the shipped game, but they do not show up in the end-user’s GameUserSettings.ini… but if I do not specify scalability settings in my DefaultGameUserSettings.ini then default values are set AND they show up in the user’s GameUserSettings.ini…

So how do we both specify the default values AND have those values show up in the user’s INI? (so they know where and how to change the settings)

The settings in the DefaultGameUserSettings.ini are applied by default to the game. The GameUserSettings.ini can then override the default values. You can just copy and paste the DefaultGameUserSettings.ini to the GameUserSettings.ini so the user knows what he can change.

You are a hero. Thank you. Not docummented at all.

It took me a while. JIC someone also struggles with the same, do not create the file from within Visual Studio because it gets created in the intermediate folder. Create it on the config folder from the File Explorer and the update visual studio project files from your ue project file.

This is particulary needeD at least for Lumen, where Epic claims that to get to 60 FPS in consoles / PC you need to set global ilumination and reflections to no more than HIGH.