Dedicated Server showing a Warning "LogPlayerController: Warning: ClientInput buffer overflow." referring to the PlayerController Blueprint

Does anyone encounter this type of warning in a dedicated server log.
This is showing even when the PlayerController BP has no nodes in it.

Wanna know if this affects network optimization or is this a harmless warning?

Thank you

I’ve been investigating this issue myself, and it does affect RPC calls I make from the client to the server - but mostly because I am getting dropped inputs from the buffer overflow.
Try making some reliable RPC calls to the server from your controller and see if they get registered. If not, then the buffer overflow is affecting you.

I found out that the cause of this issue is because I have physics prediction enabled within the Project Settings. Turn that off and hopefully it will go away.

I’m not quite sure why this feature causes it but I took a look at the source code and yea that setting flag modifies how the server processes controller input. I just don’t understand what that affect really is.

/PlayerController.cpp

1 Like

Wow, Thank you!
I think this solved my issue.

Physics prediction is enabled in my project, so I turned it off.

Then on my initial test launching a separate server and run under one process unchecked on PIE mode, it worked. The input buffer warning never showed up on server log.

I’ll get back after I test it on a packaged server.