Download

Dedicated Server Packages Successfully But Doesn't Run

Hey Everyone,
I have an issue with getting my dedicated server to run locally with the Steam Advanced Sessions and Steam Sessions plugins. I have taken a number of different approaches, but to no avail. Here are the steps I have taken without success. Surely I’m missing something trivial. Maybe its where my project has been started…

1: Created a blueprint only project in 4.26.2 that compiles and runs perfectly without issue.
Tested over LAN on separate machines and all works and joins perfectly using the Find Advanced
Sessions/Join Sessions/ Create Advanced Sessions.

2: Created a source build of Unreal Engine 4.26.2 and also Installed VS 2019 and all prerequisites.

3: After trial and error was able to open project successfully in in source build.

4: Added an empty C++ class for code generation and generated visual studio files.

5: Build Solution on Development Editor configuration and once again on Development Server
Configuration.

6: Open project in editor and package server. Server packages Successfully and generates the
binaries to run it in a separate build folder.

7: Created a shortcut of the executable and added -log to the end.

8: Run the dedicated server. Nothing. No log output. Nothing in the task manager. It simply doesn’t
open to even long enough spit out an error.

Big thing I noticed from the start is that when I generate the empty C++ class is that I don’t get any target.cs files at all anywhere in the directories… I copied and created them from the source build engine files and renamed everything to match the current project. This is currently the only way I was even able to get a target in the “Build Target” setting when packaging in the editor. It does package successfully, but the server simply doesn’t do anything at all. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks