Dedicated Server crashs on launch

Hi,

I followed this tutorial A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Unreal Engine Forums

When I try to run the server on windows it crashs on launch. Even with the -log argument it’s not possible to read the errors (there is alot red) before the window disappears.

I searched alot just to figure out how to make the window stay, so I could read the errors, but I couldn’t find anything.

Hey RelaX92,

We’ve recently had one of our staff members write up a more comprehensive guide for setting up a dedicated server. Go ahead and run through these steps, and don’t forget to include -log in the shortcut so you can see the log in the command window. You can later look at the log in your packaged game’s Saved->Logs folder and you can see what errors you’re running into.

Let me know if that helps

Thanks, I already run in an error with the other guide

“.Server.Target.cs(29,48) : error CS0117: ‘UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool’ no definition for ‘GetAllServerPlatforms’.”

doesn’t seem to work with 4.15

Comment out this entire function and try again:

public override bool GetSupportedPlatforms(ref List<UnrealTargetPlatform> OutPlatforms)
    {
        // It is valid for only server platforms
        return UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.GetAllServerPlatforms(ref OutPlatforms, false);
    }

I just built a dedicated server earlier and had to do that and I was able to get it to build and run successfully.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks, now I get this error: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/565174/dedicated-server-assertion-failed-bcheckadded-node.html