Decrement/Increment int behavior

Hello,

I just noticed that both Increment/Decrement int nodes return original int value as result (not incremented/decremented value). I opened the macro and looking at screenshot below, you can see that result is original int value. Is this intended behavior or a bug?

Baba,

Note that Target for the Set Integer node is both an input and output (as indicated by the diamond). Hence in this “Dec” the value comes into the sub node, and is “decremented”, fed into the value pin of the Set integer, which sets the value coming into the Target pin, which feeds back into the Value pin of the input node, execution then flows to the outputs, and the altered “input” value is refetched, and will be the updated value from the Set Integer node, that goes into the “Outputs” node.

There is one issue with the/Dec nodes, taht I have seen, and that is the values that are being’ed and dec’ed, need to actually be variables, and not generated values.

Hope this helps

Inc.

Baba147,

Note that Target for the Set Integer node is both an input and output (as indicated by the diamond). Hence in this “Dec” the value comes into the sub node, and is “decremented”, fed into the value pin of the Set integer, which sets the value coming into the Target pin, which feeds back into the Value pin of the input node, execution then flows to the outputs, and the altered “input” value is refetched, and will be the updated value from the Set Integer node, that goes into the “Outputs” node.

There is one issue with the/Dec nodes, taht I have seen, and that is the values that are being’ed and dec’ed, need to actually be variables, and not generated values.

Hope this helps