Decorator On Condition Check

I am having trouble getting the on condition check to work, so i wanted to ask if it even does what i want it to do. I have a sequence that i want to only fire if a condition is met, but a custom condition because i dont like checking for set or not set. I made a custom decorator that has a blackboard bool that is checked for and returns true/false to control if the sequence should fire. Problem is, on condition check, and, the on condition check ai dont fire at the right times. It seems the sequence is already on a child node when the condition meets and causes undesired behavior. For example, if my AI is patrolling and then sees the enemy, it is supposed to break from patrol on a bool blackboard item, which is meant to make it fall back up and go to the next sequence to the right which is a chase target sequence. Instead of blocking the entire sequence the decorator is on, it goes back into it again even though the decorator is set to block when that bool is true. Then what will happen is it will abort while executing one of the child nodes because the decorator realizes its condition is met. How would i go about making a custom decorator that blocks the entire sequence on condition check?

Ok i think i figured out the issue. I had the decorator on a selector that was considered a root node. I saw a message in the details pane that said “decorators on root node will not execute”. I created a new root selector node and branched it to my sequence with custom decorator and it started working. Id still like any comments from staff on this, along with any advice on this going forward if possible.

Thanks

Thanks for posting your answer you just helped me solve my problem before i even asked :smiley: in my case my decorator checks if a certain object is null, but it didn’t fire no matter what. I just added an selector between my other decorator and my simple parralel