Debug Viewport

I recently started using UE, and before I used Unity.

I have a few problems with my custom character and i want to see what happens to it while in Play Mode.
But I can’t find a way to do just that. While in Play Mode all other Viewports are stuck like I never pressed the Play button.

Maybe it’s a bug, maybe I’m too new and don’t know how.

So my question is: is there a way to see the scene REALTIME while in Play?(Yeah, like in Unity)

PS: I know UE is not Unity.

i never used Unity but i don’t see how looking at the viewport helps with debugging. You can debug a blueprint by opening it in a window while playing the game. The blueprint will show you if something overlapped or if an event triggered… etc. which i find to be enough for debugging

So, my problem, in this instance, is about rotation. I could just Print String the value, but it’s a little annoying.

In Unity you would have 2 view ports, one the Scene (UE before pressing Play) and the Game (UE in Play Mode).
The Scene would also update while playing. You would see all the Collisions components, Actors position, rotation, Lights, everything real time.

So is there a way to make the on of the extra view port behave like that?

PS: I know UE is not Unity.

You may want to bump this thread.

Thank you ErroX, that’s exactly what I was talking about.

From my understanding of the thread, it may or may not be added in future.

Anyways, thank you for pointing me in the direction.

PS: Is there anything i should do to this post, now that I found the answer? (new to forums)

The only thing you can do is pray and hope that Epic Games will add this feature to the engine :smiley: I’m also still waiting for this one.
For now if you are in Play Mode you can use the F8 key on the keyboard to Eject and fly freely in the world.

Yeah. I have found a workaround of some kind. Add a camera in scene and visible in game for the collision.

Not the same but still, beggars can’t be choosers.