Debris Pack Vol. 1

A liquor bottle and some red cups.

I dig where this is going. Them red cups look like they’re almost ceramic or porcelain or… something not plastic though.

On it. Thanks for the heads up.

@Allar - How is this looking to you?

Started making custom labels for the different bottles. I’ll also make a secondary set of textures for these that will be clean and undamaged.

Hi Jack!

I just wanted to let you know that according to the forum rules I do have to move this to the WIP section. I did add a Marketplace tag to your thread so that it stands out here. Let me know when you submit this to marketplace and I’ll go ahead and move your thread back to the Marketplace forums. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Thanks!

Stephanie

Added the paper wrapping that you see at the top of wine bottles.

lol Thomas Janes Kentucky Whiskey…Did you name that after the B grade actor Thomas Jane

Yup, haha. It’s in reference to The Punisher short starring Thomas Jane and Ron Perlman called Dirty Laundry.

I spent some time taking some screenshots of bottles from 3 different graphically intensive games to make comparisons to my own bottles. I took screenshots of bottles from Battlefield 4 (Campaign), Metro: Last Light, and The Witcher 3. I did this to make sure the level of quality of my work is comparable to that of recent AAA games.

My Bottles:

BF4 Bottles:

Metro: Last Light Bottles:

The Witcher 3 Bottle:

http://u.cubeupload.com/BulletAnt93/DumpsterNew05.png

Re-textured the dumpster.

While your bottles undoubtedly look better, I imagine the other bottles have been tested for performance and if they’re acceptable in a fully populated game scene, which might’ve contributed to them being ‘toned down’. Hopefully your models will be performant as you mentioned earlier in this thread that you’ll be adding ‘aggressove LODs’? Can you you give us some triangle numbers at this point?

Also, that dumpster is shaping up nicely, I can see it being a worthy addition to my collection!

Tri Counts

Wine Bottle 1: 328
Wine Bottle 2: 368
Liquor Bottle 1: 188
Beer Bottle 1: 234
Water Bottle 1: 426
Plastic Cup 1: 232
Soda Can 1: 320
Dumpster: 2124

As I mentioned before I’ll be providing aggressive LOD’s for each asset. These LOD’s can also be used in place of these higher poly meshes. This will allow these assets to be used in anything from architecture visualization to a 3rd person game where the polycounts can be significantly lower.

I can’t give numbers about the LOD’s at this point as I don’t have many LOD’s made and the ones I have made still require tweaking, but I’ll be sure to post information regarding them in detail when I have them in a more finalized state.

The texture resolution is pretty easy to handle as you can manually force the textures to render at a lower base resolution in engine. It won’t change the file size for the project, but it will improve performance.

I hope that helped answer your questions. If you have any more feel free to ask.

Here’s some water bottles (one variation there), and some undamaged soda cans (3 brands/variations).

I really like the water bottles. Great job!

@Necrophob30 - Thanks!

Cloth Pile 01

I decided to make some cloth piles like blankets and discarded fabric.

Cloth Pile 02

http://i.cubeupload.com/SR0UJ4.png

tip: try to save your images as JPG and not as PNG, wrong extension, plus 3mb you can go as low as 80kb and save us some bandwidth :slight_smile:

The images I’m currently uploading are lossless, which is why I’m using png files to get the highest quality renders possible. If possible I may make the images spoilers in so it won’t load unless you click on it. That way you can skip to the latest post and reveal that one only.