Deadhold - RTS in UE4

Nice progresssion! I hope the units look badass :smiley:

Deadhold on Greenlight

We are on steam greenlight now and doing very well after just 3 days. Check it out, give us your vote. Thanks!

Gives me a nice feeling, Reminds a lot of Myth: ://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_(series)

Good progress keep up.

PS: Votes steam :cool:

Edit: I just noticed you mention myth in your trailer as well. lol So it appears you guys did capture the myth style. Congrats. :bow:

Nice work guys…

your videos make me want to do RTS maps…

Would be cool to see some of the terrain variations have more overall volume… ie some big wide hills up to plains… some crevasses running off to lowlands.

all very cool stuff… inspiring.

I agree with the map variation, even though it’s a very early version that they are currently at, but i really think maps are at the lowest of their priorities right now. Keep up the work REC!

Just noticed this while catching up on the streams, it looks . I really like the simple health bars too!

Question about those bars, do they occlude when behind geometry or do they render on top of everything when they need to? I’m looking to do something similar with a game I’m working on in my spare time :slight_smile:

The game is really looking nice. May I ask what method you guys used for the health bars?
I want to do something similar but not sure what the best route is. Did you use a billboard material? Or 2 texture billboards? Something else?

sad to see you moved to Unity…

but at least I see my opinion (based on my tests) verified: UE4 navmesh pathfinding is not for RTS games… that Unity pathfinding package is really cool (definitely worth the price), hopefully I can provide something similar for UE4 within a few months…