Datasmith UV error

I am using 3ds max and I want to export my scene to UE4 using datasmith. But I take these error for almost every asset in my scene : UV channel #1 contains degenerated triangles, this can cause issues in Unreal. It is recommended to properly unfold and flatten exported UV data. I try to unfold and flatten the image but it doesn’t work. I am also confused because If i import the same asset with fbx directly to ue4 everything works fine but if i imported it to 3ds max and then convert it to datasmith or even fbx I still get this error… Any suggestions?

can we get the 3ds max file, we can have a look. send an archive containing only one object to pierrefelix.breton@epicgames.com (i don’t want a large project, just one object that has the problem).

Any follow-up to this problem? I’m experiencing the same issue.

This!
The very same geometry get exported just fine from Sketchup’s Datasmith, but from Max Datasmith fails with “contains degenerated triangles” pop-up.
Pierre, I sent you both skp and max files. Please take a look.

To degenerate triangles use Prooptimizer modifier in 3ds max.

2 Likes

I am using 3ds max and I want to export my scene to UE4 using datasmith. But I take these error for almost every asset in my scene : UV channel #1 contains degenerated triangles, this can cause issues in Unreal. It is recommended to properly unfold and flatten exported UV data. has this problem been found? I’m having the same problem. please help, thanks

I am having the exact same issue here. No matter how many objects I remove from my scenes, I always get a massive amount of “…contains degenerated triangles…properly unfold and flatten…” errors. I get these errors on every last 3dsMax project that I have tried exporting to Datasmith (4 different projects now - all created in 3dsMax 2020). And, needless to say, when trying to import these datasmith files into UE it simply crashes.

This is VERY frustrating, as I have been wanting for years to transition into UE for architectural visualizations; figuring that now would be a good time to do so, considering the promise of (virtually) trouble-free importing of 3dsMax/Vray content with Datasmith. But I’m consistently running into a stone wall at the most basic step in the process - file export.

I have found that even virgin, un-modified standard primitives (cylinders and such) produce the exact same degenerated triangles error. This is absolutely maddening. Surely I needn’t apply a pro-optimize modifier to each and every object in all my scenes to get Datasmith to work…

I have the same problem

More than 8 months and there is no solution?!

Read the previous post from **A Rehman **
Simply use the prooptimizer on selected object, convert to mesh or poly afterwards and you are ready to go
I admit, it is a walk around, but it does the job

Huge thnx! This way helps!

thanks!!! спасибо, чеовечище!!!)))