Datasmith reimport

I have a blueprint containing Datasmith scene actors and static mesh actors. When I hit ‘Reimport’ on the Datasmith scene, the number of assets remains the same as before, but I want the existing blueprint to be automatically updated with the modified meshes from the Datasmith scene. How can I achieve this?

The blueprint is containing static mesh components that reference static mesh assets. If you update those, they should appear updated in your blueprint.
Are your asset being updated or asset are deleted and replace by others with different path?

Hi @UE_FlavienP, when reimporting an assembly model, I’ve noticed that while the number of static meshes in the “Geometries” folder remains the same, the count of components increases. For example, in the initial model, there were 10 cells. After updating the model to include 20 cells in the source application, saving it, and then reimporting, the blueprint does get updated, but the number of cells in the assembly remains at 10. The additional 10 cells are imported as a separate Datasmith scene at another location, and they aren’t connected to the main assembly. I hope this clarifies the issue.

Hi @UE_FlavienP, I hope you are doing well. Could you also provide some insights to this problem if you already know how one can deal with it? Looking forward to your response soon! Thanks!

Hi buddy, have you found a way?