Datasmith plugins with EmbedSrcSrvInfo=true causing creation of installed builds to fail

Hey everyone.

Over the last week or two I’ve been periodically trying to create an installed build from the “4.25” branch from github (I have also tested the release branch, the same error occurs)

I am packaging with following command line:

-target="Make Installed Build Win64"
-script=Engine\Build\InstalledEngineBuild.xml
-set:HostPlatformOnly=false
-set:HostPlatformEditorOnly=true
-set:AllPlatforms=false
-set:CompileDatasmithPlugins=false
-set:WithWin64=true
-set:WithWin32=false
-set:WithMac=false
-set:WithAndroid=false
-set:WithIOS=false
-set:WithTVOS=false
-set:WithLinux=true
-set:WithLinuxAArch64=false
-set:WithLumin=false
-set:WithLuminMac=false
-set:WithHoloLens=false
-set:WithClient=true
-set:WithServer=true
-set:WithDDC=false
-set:HostPlatformDDCOnly=true
-set:SignExecutables=false
-set:AnalyticsTypeOverride=
-set:EmbedSrcSrvInfo=true
-set:GameConfigurations=DebugGame;Development;Shipping
-set:WithFullDebugInfo=false
-set:VS2019=true
-set:CrashReporterAPIURL=
-set:CrashReporterAPIKey=

Everything goes fine but once the build gets to the stage of embedding source file information into PDB files, it fails with the following error:

Log.WriteException: ==============================================================================
Log.WriteException: ERROR: Build product from a previous step have been modified:
Log.WriteException:        File size differs from manifest - Engine/Plugins/Enterprise/DatasmithCADImporter/Binaries/Win64/DatasmithCADWorker.pdb is 112553984 bytes, expected 97914880 bytes
Log.WriteException:        (see U:\UE4\4.25\Engine\Programs\AutomationTool\Saved\Logs\Log.txt for full exception trace)
Log.WriteException: 
Log.WriteException: AutomationException: Build product from a previous step have been modified:
Log.WriteException: File size differs from manifest - Engine/Plugins/Enterprise/DatasmithCADImporter/Binaries/Win64/DatasmithCADWorker.pdb is 112553984 bytes, expected 97914880 bytes
Log.WriteException:    at AutomationTool.BuildGraph.BuildNode(JobContext Job, Graph Graph, Node Node, TempStorage Storage, Boolean bWithBanner) in U:\UE4\4.25\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\BuildGraph\BuildGraph.cs:line 772
Log.WriteException:    at AutomationTool.BuildGraph.BuildAllNodes(JobContext Job, Graph Graph, TempStorage Storage) in U:\UE4\4.25\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\BuildGraph\BuildGraph.cs:line 675
Log.WriteException:    at AutomationTool.BuildGraph.Execute() in U:\UE4\4.25\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\BuildGraph\BuildGraph.cs:line 481
Log.WriteException:    at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, Dictionary`2 Commands) in U:\UE4\4.25\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\Automation.cs:line 539
Log.WriteException:    at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] Arguments, StartupTraceListener StartupListener) in U:\UE4\4.25\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\Automation.cs:line 509
Log.WriteException:    at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(String[] Arguments, StartupTraceListener StartupListener) in U:\UE4\4.25\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs:line 176
Log.WriteException:    at AutomationTool.Program.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<Main>b__2() in U:\UE4\4.25\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs:line 88
Log.WriteException:    at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Func`1 Main) in U:\UE4\4.25\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\Utils.cs:line 731
Log.WriteException:    at AutomationTool.Program.Main(String[] Arguments) in U:\UE4\4.25\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs:line 88
Log.WriteException: ==============================================================================

If I repeat with EmbedSrcSrvInfo=false the build completes successfully. The only case I have yet to test is if I set both EmbedSrcSrvInfo=true and CompileDatasmithPlugins=true (I will be doing so shortly), this is simply because I do not want/need the Datasmith plugins in any of my projects and I’m assuming that datasmith plugins/content being compiled and/or packaged in with the flag set to false is an entirely separate issue.

1 Like

I have this problem too, but it even happens when i DON’T enable the -set:EmbedSrcSrvInfo=true
have you managed to solve this?

Nope, no resolution just yet, still able to deploy with the same command line I posted, just altering EmbedSrcSrvInfo to false.

Bump on this. Still occurs on latest “release” branch commit

You’d think after nearly a year other people would be talking about it, I even made a report on the main issue tracker but it appears to have never been accepted and disappeared into the void, I’ve not been able to come to any resolution other than just setting this value to false, I completely reinstalled VS2017 on my build server just to see if it was an incompatibility issue with VS2019 but no joy.