Datasmith Max Exporter 4 26 2 Max 2021 error

I used to have this same error with an old version of 3D Max, then some one shared a different installer.
Now I am in 3Ds Max 2021, tryed to install the latest data smith and it just can’t. I don’t have any oher of Data smith installed on this 3DsMax version. your help is appreciated.

Please guys I need with this, I used to have the same error with an earlier version, someone posted a custom installer that work.
Why this error shows??
Any support from the team??

Hello fco3d,
have you tried putting the msi in another folder and launching install again?
Can you try to run with msiexec /i “name_of_your_msi” /l*vx install.log and check in the log for more details?

Bests,
Flavien

Hi, Flavor, thanks for the answer.
At the end I did manually copied the data smith plugin from 3D más 2020 to the 2021 folder.
Then it worked fine, but when I get to run the installer again then it just worked. It sure why.
I’ll try what you said in other machine and see what come up
Thanks.

i did have the same problem
and i find the selustion that … you should go and download Unreal Datasmith Max Exporter 4_(the virsion he said he did not find) and after that go click Right click and choose uninstall
then you can install the new version
Not: you can find older virsion of datasmith in the ue websit by clicking on “view archive virsions” under download buttem