DataSmith import a BIM model at runtime

I am an undergraduate computer science student and for my final year project I am to create a Multi-Agent simulation of evacuation scenarios. The simulation is meant to be used by architects and engineers to visualise how crowds behave and where congestion occurs. An important part of my simulation is to be able to import BIM data from Autodesk Revit and/or IFC into my simulation.

I understand that Datasmith can be used to import BIM models into the unreal editor, But I would like to bring a BIM model into my Unreal application. I’m not sure that this is possible so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Runtime datasmith features should come as an experimental feature to UE4.26 if I’m not mistaken, or at least it is stated on the roadmap.

There is/was a form where you could sign up for early testing:

This looks perfect for my project, I have downloaded the beta 4.26 since it is open now. I’m having some problems getting the new Direct Link to connect to unreal engine. I have the real time plug-in installed but i cant get Revit to connect to Unreal. I can’t find any documentation on it.

I’m having the same problem! I want to load a model in at runtime and then change some materials with blueprints either before or after the loading. The only bp nodes I found to load at runtime are “Load Datasmith Scene from Explorer” and “Load DataSmith Scene”. But that node doesn’t return anything for me to access the materials. (it also doesn’t return anything at all).
If there is way with c++ I’m also open for that or if there is some hidden documentation please share.

I have the same problem.Is your problem solved?

I have the same problem, anyone reached a solution yet?

I tried to sign up for testing but they reached the limit of participants , any other way ?