Datasmith exporter 5.3 causes crash 3DSMax 2024

When installing datasmith 5.3 for 3ds max 2024, it causes 3dsmax 2024 to close, I can no longer open the program, only uninstalling

5 Likes

We are aware of that issue but we cannot reproduce that bug on our machines.
What language version of max are you all using?

Can you send us the installation log?

deinstall the exporter
reinstall from the command line
something similar to
msiexec.exe /i PATH_TO_UnrealDatasmithMaxExporter_5.3.0.msi /lvx* C:\Temp\MaxInstallDatasmith.log
and share the MaxInstallDatasmith.log with us

1 Like

i have the same issue, STR, just installing and trying to open the 3ds software.
hope this helps screenshot of error.

1 Like

I don’t know if this is what you want, but I’m having this problem using the max 2022 and 2023. The test was done by installing only the max 23 in the English language

MaxInstallDatasmith.log (3.7 MB)

I’m having the exact same problem. After installing datasmith 5.3, 3ds max crashes at startup. I tried resetting preferences but it didn’t work. I have to uninstall the plugin in order to be able to open 3ds max.

Do you have any other plugins installed inside 3dsMax, extra plugins installed on top of default Max?

In max 23 I only have one plugin installed, in max 22 I have several installed. My friends are having the same problem with datasmith crashing at max.

which plugin is installed on max 23?
Do you crash with 5.2 datasmith exporter?

The plugin I use is called Archtoolz from Vinametal and I started using datasmith in this version.

Good morning I am experiencing the same problem with 3ds max 2024 updated to version 2024.1 in English.
The plugins installs without any problems but when starting 3ds max it goes up to the start screen and then closes without giving any reason. If you try to restart it, the programme reports a corruption error and asks what to do: if you choose to continue without resetting, the programme tries to open but fails and closes. Are you looking for a solution?

​Consulte os detalhes

124 / 5.000

Resultados de tradução

Resultado da tradução

same problem here, I just installed 3ds max, Unreal and datasmith, without other plugins… but when opening 3ds max, it crashes

Another one. Trying to produce the log file but not familiar with command lines…

Tried this one but no success: msiexec.exe /i C:\Users\richard\Downloads\UnrealDatasmithMaxExporter_5.3.0.msi /lvx* C:\Temp\MaxInstallDatasmith.log

same problem here, I was able to install datasmith but after that 3dsmax continue to crash at opening. tried to restore settings and still crash at open. I was forced to uninstall datasmith and then 3ds max works as usual. looking for a solution to work with datasmith. I have several plugins installed…vray. tyflow, forestpack etc.

Same problem here. I have vray, forestpack, atiles and floorgenerator installed as well.

I have the same issue here, when I install Datasmith for Max 2024, it crashes and closes as soon as it opens. I believe it’s a widespread problem. I’m using 3ds Max 2024, the English version, and it seems like many people are reporting the same issue.

I tried to repro again, with the plugings @Casper_AP listed installed on my Max and I still do not get a crash.

Does anyone has a crash with JUST the datasmith plugin installed in Max?
If someone has time, can you try to deactivate plugins one by one (but leaving the datasmith one) to see which other plugin might introduce a conflict?

Yes, “RaccaHaka” , mentioned this.
Additionally, if you do the process mentioned by “deaconfrost47” in this other topic, 3ds max stops crashing when opening, but it doesn’t work with direct link, only with datafile creation

Back in July, users wrote about the same problem on the preview version, but the developers ignored it. this failure is not related to plugins and crashes even clean max. 2023 and 2023. I haven’t checked on others. here on the forum I found a treatment by changing the settings of the ini file and running max works with them

2 Likes

please give a link to the description of the correction of this error or write - what do you fix

Do you speak about the post from deaconfrost? 3ds max 2024? - #29 by deaconfrost47

Do you have the issues on the direct link as reported later in the thread?