Datasmith export from Revit 2022 same key error

I’m having an error while trying to export a 3D view from Revit. I’ve used this view before and had successfully exported three versions of my scene, all with different worksets on. I wasn’t pleased with my last export, as one of the families that was active in a workset looks pretty bad in Unreal, so I went back to Revit and turned it off. When I tried to export it this time, under a different name, I receive the following error.

'Cannot export the 3D view:

An item with the same key has already been added.

at Autodesk.Revit.DB.CustomExporter.Export(view view) at

DatasmithRevitExporter.DatasmithExportRevitCommand.OnExecute(ExternalCommandData InCommandData, String&OutCommandMessage, ElementSet OutElements)

I have tried turning the other workset back on, saving as the original file name I used for the third export, deleting support folders that linger in the export folder, and have quadruple checked the plugin folder for Revit to ensure there isn’t some sort of duplicate plugin or files that came into existence. I’m at a loss on what to look at or try at this point. I would look into files and plugins for Unreal, but I can’t conceive how that could possibly be affecting the export from Revit before that file begins to interact with Unreal.

I know there are already a few questions that are similar to this one, but despite that, I can’t seem to find a question or answer that is quite the same as the issue I’m having.

As an Update, I uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin to make sure there weren’t any duplicate files and start fresh, and I’m still encountering the same error. Is it possible the issue is coming from unreal engine somehow despite only exporting the content from Revit? I’m at a loss at this point for what is happening. I’ve deleted any created files from exporting, tried saving to different locations, and tried new views, and even tried using a local copy of the project instead of the cloud model.

For anyone that finds this thread and is unbelievably confused, I found the solution for my own project. Despite having all off the same worksets on, and successfully exporting my lighting workset the first time, I found that my lighting workset was the culprit that was stopping this from working. I don’t know why or how, but exports work not. If you’re having the same error, I recommend turning off worksets one by one and attempting exports until you find the culprit.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.