datasmith expload Revit family into several meshes and not use it as one element like in Revit

their any way to keep the origin model as one?

I will explain the question - I have an object in Revit of a window. It is one object. The problem is that Datasmith recognizes the one window as multiple objects, presumably as its multiple components.

It is a generic window from Revit’s generic windows family. Each family of windows in Revit is made up of a number of items—a frame, an opening cut, a panel, and so on—but Revit treats the collection of them all as one object. Is there a way to make Datasmith treat the (standard) window as a single object and not beyond that?

I am not sure there is an option for that.
In the meantime you could use a python script that would merge some subhierarchy and replace them in your world outliner.
c.f. https://github.com/ue4plugins/PythonSamples/blob/main/scripts/Level/Merge_hierarchy_and_replace_them_by_instance_based_on_metadata.py

I have the plugin checked on of Python, how do I apply the script at runtime?, as we know I’m importing the Datasmith asset at runtime, and to be more effective it would need to run from the beginning and check if there is an Datasmith model on the viewport at runtime

I did not understood you were doing a runtime import, at the moment it is not possible to do merge actors at runtime or run python script. You will have to do some custom blueprint or C++ code that will run at runtime if you want to do some replacement. But for merge it will be more convoluted.

I believe I am having a similar issue. I have a Revit family in my model which includes a .dwg 3d geometry. When I import this into Twinmotion via datasmith it displays very erratically. Exploded, different meshes in different locations, etc.
Any suggestions what to do?

Hi does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this? The family I’ve placed in my model includes a 3D dwg geometry that doesn’t display properly when exported to TwinMotion. What to do?

I partial exploded the 3d dwg and this worked for some of the files. Others I saved as a dwg and then reinserted it. This worked but I lost the material data.

I’m still getting a bunch of strange behavior of my model geometry once imported into Twinmotion. I’m assuming this is an issue with the export / conversion into Twinmotion. I realize the Revit / Autodesk might be the root cause, but wondering if an update to the Twinmotion plugin would help to resolve this…