Download

Dataprep > Substitute Material By Table

Followed documentation on this, doesn’t seem to work.
https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/…aterialbytable

Perhaps a run–through of the Structure field types could be expanded on? Presently I have everything setup as described on documentation, but materials fail to change.

we would need to see a couple screenshots for helping out.

Thanks Pierre-Felix, just added screenshots to original post.

That table looks legit but i don’t see your graph nor your assets imported by dataprep. that would help

also the exact match option could be too restrictive. try “contains”?

Graph doesn’t give too much away, having culled it to work out why it’s not working.

I’m sure there is something wrong with how I have implemented it, but seemingly matching parameters produce different results when executed through Substitute Material and Substitute Material By Table. Material Data Table being used is from the screenshot in previous post.

Any ideas on this? Have no idea why this isn’t working.

For anyone who has an issue with this operation, please use the ***MaterialSubstitutionDataTable ***type when the prompt asks you to create a data table (or if you want to create a data table from the content browser). Custom structures wont work with that operation ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are there any tutorials on this? I just right-clicked a material in dataprep and saw the option, which created an asset in the content browser, but then… nothing… what am I supposed to do next?

• I would expect a “substitute material by table” operation to be automatically added when I use this menu option.
  • I would also expect that the next time I use the menu option, it wouldn’t say “create substitution table” but rather “add material to substitution table”.

Is this going to be finished before 4.27 final or will there be a 4.28?

Yes, you are supposed to manually add the “substitute material by table” in the dataprep graph and pick the datatable you just created.
And yes the only way to add a material to an existing datatable is to manually edit that datatable.

Thank you for the comments, I will put them in our features suggestions.

1 Like