Dash to object ability pls?

any idea popped up in your ideas guys?

Is there a way to dash to **player not using AI**,

**Like player dashes Smoothly to another pawn and takes over it?** (Possess)

I already figured out how to possess the pawn but I have problems with dashing...

Specifically **Side Scrolling**

Thank you for the time of reading this message

you could use OnCursorBeginOverlap

Thx it worked but is there a way how to interpolate it?

Thx it worked but is there a way how
to interpolate it?

vInterpTo during Tick update.

Provide the target vector and the node will produce interpolated steps.

vInterpTo during Tick update.

Something along the lines of:

Image from Gyazo

Like this?

Not really. Have a look at the example below. Interpolation must sample current result in order to produce another step.

You also need Tick or at least a Timeline if you want it to be based on time rather than just velocity.

Is there a way to dash to player not
using AI

If you wanted to still have collision and nav avoidance, you could do it like so:

Image from Gyazo

This, obviously, needs more tweaking.

what’s at the top of the Blueprint

Tick update - I put a little note on the Pin to indicate that but it’s small, may be hard to see.

In hindsight, there’s probably many ways of achieving a similar effect, but you’d need to specify in fine detail how it’s supposed to work.

The above suggestion seems do the trick for a somewhat simplistic solution but surely has some limitation that are hard to anticipate at this very early stage. :smiley:

I’m sorry if this is too much but is there a way to only show the green indicator on certain objects?

Again, so many ways of doing this depending on how it’s supposed to work and how you’ve set things up… With so little information provided, you can only get a generic suggestion - in many cases not too suitable for the end effect.

For this particular template:

• set the decal CursorToWorld to invisible
  • set visibility collision to Block on the character capsule
  • get rid of Tick updating the decal

And add:

Image from Gyazo

Essentially, each actor can implement a decal that shows up when the cursor hovers over. It’s somewhat crude but will work well enough.

it works but how do i get it to be smooth like the first bp you sent me?

The easiest solution would be to interpolate velocity rather than set it. Instead of setting actor location, you set velocity during Tick using vInterpTo.

Combine both images and that should be it.

thx I’ll try it out
gimme a sec

Below, the 5000 is the max velocity that you want to achieve and 15 dictates how quickly we’re getting there. Play with these and see if you can get it working the way you need.

Image from Gyazo

Not a sec that was five hours cant figure it out ):