DASH ability's length is different on lower FPS

Hello!

I’m currently working on a 2D game, and the dash ability i put together is dashing shorter on lower FPS. I’m not using any kind of tick, but I’m thinking that some of the nodes I’m using uses some kind of tick within the node.

So I basically need help to make the dash ability travel a specific length, regardless of your FPS.

you are in fact using tick based operations. timelines and input axis events are based on tick. timelines are less effected depending on how they are use. in your case the way you have setup your nodes and scripts is horrible visually speaking so im not going to attempt to solve it at this point. you have many things looping back, lines overlapping, and just a overall mess (thats my opinion btw), all of which are bad things to have.

just wanted to point out that you are working on tick though. good luck

Thank you for your answer. I thought I had a clean node setup here. I guess I’ll have to find another way to do the dash ability.

i will grant you that lines themselves are thoroughly organized and meticulously run. theres just spot like right above your timeline that its almost impossible to tell which direction the lines run ( one line running left overlaps a line running right and they both enter a reroute node. rather than looping all kinds of lines back it may be a good idea to use custom events instead. now theres different opinions on this and some would argue its easier to trace the paths of lines, to each their own.

I agree with you there. We all have our own way of organizing I guess. Thank you for you time.

I think I may have fixed the problem by detaching the alpha from the timeline on the lerp. I instead wrote 1 on the alpha. I will do some more testing, and come back to update this post if it’s not working.

Typically the way to solve framerate dependent tick-driven things is to multiply those tick-driven values by world delta seconds node.

by setting the alpha to a constant one value you are telling the lerp to only use the B value. this does not take advantage of the functionality of the lerp, youve basically rendered it useless.

I’m still getting the result I want, which shows that I don’t really need the timeline. I can tell I still got work to optimize this blueprint.

Hello! Do you have an example? I have been looking into that, but never really understood how to set it up.

Hello, I’ve been trying to set up with delta world seconds. I did some testing with different FPS, and it works fine above 60 FPS. On 30 fps the skill goes furter for some reason. Is there something I’ve forgot in the node setup? The lines goes to a LERP in the Macro.