Dark Medieval Environment (Diablo 4 Style)

Me and a friend are trying to create a dark medieval environment inspired in Diablo2/4. We are using some references to create the atmosphere. For now, we only have a blocking and some modular parts.

REFERENCES:

BLOCKING AND PROGRESS

6 Likes

Updates of the week:

VIDEO:

2 Likes

Greetings, @Abetus, and thank you for sharing the progress of your Diablo 4-inspired “Dark Medieval Environment” here with us in the UE forums! You and your friend are off to a great start; keep up the wonderful work. :sunglasses: :+1:

Updates of the week. Modular houses, some tests with textures and VFX.

2 Likes

This week I made some new walls, I cleaned bevels in old ones and much more (rigged character with a new model, local fog, waypoint, a new forge, etc).

4 Likes

I love that you went full into the creepiness of top-down-style games. Honestly, this is just incredible. The audio with the rain and the crows, the lightning flashes illuminating the scene, all of it is breathtaking. Wonderful job and I’m so stoked to see more from this!

2 Likes

Updates of the project this week. Not big changes because we found some problems to fix, but we added lights, new assets like carts or weapons!, We are preparing something HUGE for the next week… (a playable environment with enemies, health potions, loot system, teleports and more diablo gameplay)

2 Likes

I’m excited to see next week’s update! Everything you’ve shared has been spectacular; you guys are spot on with this creation. Keep up the fantastic work! :star_struck:

This week was extremely exhausting, but we have a new update of our environment. Now is PLAYABLE! (super humble early build). We have enemies, music, healing zones, items, etc.

VIDEO:

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about the exhausting week. I hope things are better now! Your environment is progressing smoothly, and the gameplay video looks excellent. I can’t wait to see the next update! :slightly_smiling_face: