Dark and Darker Crash bug

So I apologize I do not believe this is the right forum for this. but my report wont submit on the official Dark and Darker forum and I have no clue why this is happening. Many simple fixes already discussed online haven’t worked for me, i.e classic run as admin, or even restoring NVidia control panel to defaults, etc. I’ve done a lot of toying. I have storage I have a brand new pc with absolutely zero spec problems at all. New drivers and more. I’m gonna copy and paste the error code as basically a Hail Mary before I unfortunately get a refund. Sorry again about the likely incorrect place to put this question.

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x0000000000000050

DungeonCrawler
DungeonCrawler
DungeonCrawler
DungeonCrawler
DungeonCrawler
DungeonCrawler
DungeonCrawler
DungeonCrawler
DungeonCrawler
DungeonCrawler
DungeonCrawler
kernel32
ntdll

Thanks for any and all help. Much love,
Toasty

If this is about a game Dark and Darker, I doubt you will find the solution here.

If this is game you are developing, I think you need to download editor symbols in order to see full stacktrace

Hey there @Toasty_Dolphin! Welcome to the community! You are correct, normally you wouldn’t get a response here as this forum is for Developers working in Unreal, however your thought process for possibly getting a workaround would be the one I offer first usually. Unfortunately a memory access violation like this can stem from many locations in the games source. Usually this error would give you some information on it, but because you don’t access to the source, it won’t provide much of anything.

It was a good idea to reset your Nvidia control panel settings as this can often help if the error up top is “nvwgf2umx” like the one in this post, however in your case it’s not likely graphical at all. I’d recommend trying to report it to Iron Mace so they can try to find a fix for it in the meantime and hope it gets sorted on their end.

yeah i figured it couldnt be graphical as i have a i have an RTX 3060 and well beyond the system requirements for the game. Really was just a shot in the dark but i appreciate the help anyways. Ive actually found theres multiple forums for Dark and Darker and for some reason one was impossible for me to fill out and the other one was basic and i never got info back. Really hope it works out as i dont want to have to refund this game. But anyways thanks again. Yall have a good day

I was made aware that a recent patch had fixed a number of crashing issues, but required a full clean reinstallation. If that doesn’t help, it seems their discord also has a bug reporting mechanism in lieu of full support. Hopefully you can get it working!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.