Damage Event and Real Time

Hello !

I’m totally new with Unreal and the ARK Dev Kit (which I’m actually downloading right now), and I’m looking for some documentation on the faisability of a small project we have for our server, and I hope you can help me while I wait for the thing to finish ! :smiley:

The idea is to forbid Player AND Dinos (Tamed or not) or, basically, any damages sources to damage Player Structures between 00:00 and 10:00 AM in REAL life !

Do you think this is possible ? If yes, what would be a good and efficient way to do it ?

Thanks for your answers !

There is already an anti pvp plugin you could run on your server that does exactly this function. I think it’s called Anti-Raiding protection or something. Not sure as I’ve never used it myself.

• Sinari

sinarisinestro : Sadly, it only run on Windows, and we have a Debian server :frowning: .

Ahhh, now I understand. What even is a Debian server? That is the first time I’ve ever heard of that? Haha. Anyways sorry, back on topic.

This is very do-able. Easy? Nope. If you are new to blueprinting you are going to have to read a ton of documentation and watch a bunch of videos to have an idea of how it would be done. I personally don’t know exactly how it would be laid out, or what all would exactly need to be called, but it’s going to be quite the complicated set of blueprints. You chose a very big project :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve read a bit about the BP system while it was downloading, having a pretty basic understanding of the logic behind it, and I’m used to learning tool for modding (did some for CSS, Don’t Starve, …), so I’m not afraid of the project ! :smiley:

Debian is a Linux distro, just like Ubuntu, and I have a dedicated server with it, and I’m using it to host an ARK server, so I can only use Mods on it :slight_smile:

Anyway, I’m done loading the Dev Kit, letting him compile the shaders for the night, if you have some documentation that could help me about the bp system overall, I’d be glad !

Someone on IRC already gave me that : Graphs | Unreal Engine Documentation

Thanks ! :slight_smile:

[INFO] Useful info/links on UE4 for Beginners, Intermediate, & Advanced skill levels! - ARK: Survival Evolved - Unreal Engine Forums!

This has a ton of links regarding all sorts of things that will be involved in this process! Enjoy :smiley:

After talking with the people on IRC, they told me I wouldn’t be able to edit the way ACTUAL constructions works, since the mod is for an actual server, it need to be retroactive…

Anybody have an idea to make it possible ? Maybe change StructureDamageMultiplier in some ways ?