Dallas is Unreal - Indie Dev Meet-Up

Dallas game developers! Join us on July 15, from 6 to 9pm, as Epic Games hosts demos and drinks at Bottle Rocket Studios!

This event will be held at Bottle Rocket’s Studios, located at 14643 Dallas Pkwy #900, Dallas, TX 75254

If you’re interested in attending, please RSVP by sending e-mail to unreal_dallas@epicgames.com

Want to connect with folks ahead of the meet-up? Feel free to discuss in this thread.

We can’t wait to see you there!

Woohoo! The day after i posted that there is no love the Central US :stuck_out_tongue: glad to hear!

Is this event open to students?

Same here, I’m a student but I don’t want to show up if only industry people attend. I get easily intimidated. Should we RSVP if we’re students?

The presence of industry folk is a HUGE plus for students, not something to be afraid of. You need to be networking! Plus indie devs really do come from all walks of life. The Indie Dev showcase last month at Motus Digital was a blast. I am excited to see what others are doing with Unreal 4.

I am a student currently working on my final project. I will be there. Wouldn’t miss it!

were RSVP emails suppose to receive confirmation?

Hello All-- I’ll be sending confirmations today, and students are welcome!

Got my reply. Thanks Andy! I can’t wait to see everyone there!

A couple of us from SMG will be there. We are currently porting our project from UE3 to UE4 so we won’t have a demo to show, but would love to network with other devs as well as students and any other folks that might be interested in working in the UE4 environment. Artists and coders. :slight_smile:

Just wanted to take the time to thank Epic, and the gracious hosts at Bottle Rocket. It was a blast meeting other people and talking with the epic staff. It’s interesting hearing from just a wide variety of member throughout the community.

Thanks!
Kevin

I just wanted to thank both Bottle Rocket and Epic for the wonderful event last night! It was an awesome being able to talk directly to the team as well as network with other indy developers locally. I appreciate all the questions y’all answered last night! I also wanted to thank both Jay and Andy for directly helping me work on my issue with MMO feasibility.

Thanks so much!
Brandon