Cutting Geometry?

Please, if anybody knows, I have searched and searched and I cannot for the life of me get this button to highlight and work:

Thanks for any help on this!

All I can say, is it works in UE5 :slight_smile:

I’m assuming you have a mesh selected and the button just doesn’t light up?..

I’m suspecting that I don’t have it selected quite properly.

But to answer, yes. It’s a geometry brush, not a mesh, however, what specifically I’m having the issue with is getting the brush to light up, so that I can create my dividing plane.

I’ve tried all variations of selections of vertexes, edges, faces, etc, and all variations thereby. The button just doesn’t highlight…

Have you tried it with a mesh? ( cutting a mesh )

No, reason being, it’s brush work. Additionally, I did check to see if by some chance, this was the case, and a static mesh is an invalid object for such functions.

I’ve already simply worked around the situation by making the object in Blender, it was just so simple, that I wanted to just do it quickly right there with a brush.

So now, at least, I’m indeed curious about this… thanks for any ideas you might have:)

Not sure I’m afraid. The geometry tools are at a very early stage in 4.

Thanks for the input:)!

1 Like

So I figured out the problem.

The brush must be selected from the SelectMode, then you need go into Brush Editing mode, and the button is enabled.

Simply selecting the brush or elements of it in Brush Edit mode will not activate the button.

1 Like

Do you have any experience with mesh? Cutting meshes (cutting meshes)

It’s part of the modelling tools now ( SHIFT5 ).