I am a character artist by trade. Just joined today. I want to dive deep into Unreal by doing a project as the thread title says. I am making a fanart of Ifrit from FF7 Remake but my own version. The final output will be a short cutscene with a basic animation either just idle or summon if I have more time.
My goals on this project are the following:
- lookdev for characters
- setting up Ifrit as an NPC
- applying simple cloth physics on him
- applying flame effects (his forearms are in flames)
- applying ember sparks as he moves around
- idle or summon animation
- triggering animation so i can witness it in first person in-game
- setting up a scene or diorama using free assets from marketplace
- basic lighting
- cinematic camera shots
- playing around camera effects
- rendering out cinematic footage
Currently, I just finished the highpoly sculpt. I attached some renders below. Moving on to the low res meshes and texturing.
I joined so I can start reading up stuff here in preparation for after the texturing phase. If there is any specific thread you think I can look into now, please do let me know. And thank you in advance!
Looking forward to learning a lot here!!