Custom wall-walking player pawn unable to move on Z-axis.

So, this is a bit of an unusual one. I haven’t used Unreal much (I’m using 4.26.2), and am trying to create a game where the player can move the same on walls (and upside-down) as on the regular floor. I have managed to get a movement system working well, having turned off gravity and applying velocity based on the local position of a pivot connected to the player, with a constant local-downward force. However, when the player is positioned on a wall, they cannot move up or down it on the z-axis, only along it on the x- or y-axis. The effect is the same if the player tries moving forward/backward or sideways - they can only move on that single global axis. However, if I swap the blueprint so the player would locally move up and down instead, it functions as expected.

Sorry for the big chunk of text. I’ve been trying to figure this out for a while, and at this point I think it’s likely caused by something with the engine I’m unfamiliar with. Below I’ve included the blueprint I’m using and a video demonstrating my problem (the first clip shows the problem, and the second is the pawn working as intended - also sorry about the white box, I wanted to show inputs to better demonstrate the issue).

Thanks in advance!

Video Link