Custom Software mouse offset

I have an offset problem with the custom software mouse widgets.

I defined the custom mouse in the project settings as follows:

The cursor widget looks like:

But ingame there is a very large offset, where you see the mouse and the real mouse is.
The real mouse is hovering over the login button. But the mouse shows in a way different place.

Anyone has any idea what is going on? I googled the question alot but i cannot find an answer for the offset.

Small update I’ve checkout older ways using the Hud, but this does not work aswell because it will show the mouse cursor at the correct place but behind all the Widgets.

I cannot find why the offset occurs, I found an other tutorial (I cannot find it again) using the method I used but with a second canvas and still no luck. has anyone got this working at all? I find it hard to believe I would be the only one with this problem.

I fixed it by exporting the uassets textures to a TGA, then export that to an PNG and then use an hardware cursor.
This solved the whole problem.

Still I find it strange that the default software way is so hard and gives such strange results.

Just to be clear this issue is not solved. There’s a bug with the resolution management of software cursors.

I do agree with you, the hardware cursor has issues aswell since you need to leave the window in order to get it correctly using BP’s.

Therefore software cursors would be so much better to use.
But using a hardware cursor resolved the issue for me since I don’t use software cursors anymore altho if they fix it I would change from hardware to software again.

Had a similar issue, these settings solved for it me.

Root widget: canvas panel

Child: Image

Also make sure you’re not moving the cursor/widget in the Tick function (some old tutorials tell you to do so)