I was wondering, what are the current possibilities with custom maps akin to Counter Strike & Unreal Tournament?
If i want to make a game which people can make custom maps for, there’s a few things I need:
- Map exporting tool. Does it exist in UE4?
- Downloading of maps and assets. when people join a multiplayer game with custom maps, it need to auto download of maps and assets
- Shared assets framework - So people won’t download assets again if their used in a map they already downloaded?
- Gameplay serialization. how is this handled? is it hardcoded in the map (say .umap) when exporting? do i need to write a gameplay serializer/deserializer?
I’ve found this thread on the UT forum:
But except saying “Sure it’s possible Since 1999 (c)” I can’t find anything on the topic.
- ehh title got messed up! appreciate if one of the admins can delete the ‘(DOw’ thingy =]