Custom Flow Control Node

Hello,

I ama beginner.

It would be handy for me if there was a flow control node with two execution input pins and one execution output pin and one Boolean output pin. If the execution flow happens through input pin 1 only, the built in Boolean is true, otherwise it is false.

Can we build a custom node like this?

Thank you!

I correct myself, you can’t do that.

Can you show the code you’re trying to replace?

You could do this

But it doesn’t make any sense, because you can’t run both inputs at the same time…

1 Like

I am not saying this Task works at all. I am still trying to figure out what I am doing, but I was interested in saving myself from having to make a variable in the Task blueprint for whether I succeeded at the task. I don’t think that this cast after the begin event node can ever fail but every cast node I have used so far has a success and fail output pin but not a Boolean output. I was looking for a way to complete the Finish Execute node with the right Boolean value without having to make a variable.

This maybe:

So you can then:

But why not just:

1 Like

I notice a mistake here too. I need to connect the other Boolean value to the Finish Execute node. That is not possible though. So this is the way.

You can have multiple finish execute nodes as endpoints.

1 Like

Oh! Like this. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Thanks! I didn’t get that I could just duplicate the node. Ha!

You can connect only one and will work fine. These 2 perform identical function:

If the execution flows through the top bit:

It will actually return True. Blueprint magic.