Custom FComponentVisualizer

I want to write a small module to visualize some properties if my ASegment class in the editor. I already tried this tutorial: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums
and got the basic module compiled and activated. I only got problems with the actual drawing and there aren’t many useful references about this topic. So this is my custom visualizer class declaration:

class ASegmentVisualizer : public FComponentVisualizer
    {
    public:
    	ASegmentVisualizer();
    	virtual void DrawVisualization(const UActorComponent* Component, const FSceneView* View, FPrimitiveDrawInterface* PDI) override;
    };

and the implementation:
    ASegmentVisualizer::ASegmentVisualizer(){
    	UE_LOG(CubeProjectModule, Warning, TEXT("SEGMENTVISUALIZER : CONSTRUCTOR"));
    }

void ASegmentVisualizer::DrawVisualization(const UActorComponent* Component, const FSceneView* View, FPrimitiveDrawInterface* PDI)
{
	//cast the component into the expected component type
	if (const ASegment* TargetingComponent = Cast<const ASegment>(Component))
	{
		const FVector Locaction = TargetingComponent->GetActorLocation();
		PDI->DrawPoint(TargetingComponent->GetActorLocation()+FVector(0,0,120), FLinearColor(255,0,0), 20.f, SDPG_Foreground);
		PDI->DrawLine(TargetingComponent->GetActorLocation() + FVector(0, 0, 500), TargetingComponent->GetActorLocation(), FLinearColor(1.0, 0, 0), 20.f, SDPG_Foreground);

PDI->DrawLine(FVector(0, 0, 200), FVector(500, 0, 200), FLinearColor(1.0, 0, 0), 20.f, SDPG_Foreground);

}

UE_LOG(CubeProjectModule, Warning, TEXT("SEGMENTVISUALIZER : DRAW"));

}

the constructor gets called, but not the drawing method.

Here is my StartupModule() procedure:

void FCubeProjectModuleModule::StartupModule()
{

if (GUnrealEd != NULL)
	{
		TSharedPtr<FComponentVisualizer> Visualizer = MakeShareable(new ASegmentVisualizer());

if (Visualizer.IsValid())
		{
			GUnrealEd->RegisterComponentVisualizer(ASegment::StaticClass()->GetFName(), Visualizer);
			Visualizer->OnRegister();
		}

}
	UE_LOG(CubeProjectModule, Warning, TEXT("CubeProjectModule: Log Started"));

}

I don’t really know how to get this working. Has anyone any ideas?

It appears that you are trying to make a component visualizer for an actor. (ASegment appears to be an actor class both from the naming convention and the fact that you are calling GetActorLocation on one) As the name implies, they only work for components.

Do the visualizers work for scene components? Also do you have to add the visualizer component onto the actor you trying to visualize or does it attach/visualize the component automatically?